AN UNCLEAN MESH
ENTER THE MESH EDITING MODE
THE FILL HOLES BUTTON
FILL HOLES PARAMETERS
Fig. 21: The Fill Holes parameters menu
THE HEALING WIZARD
Fig. 22: The Healing Wizard Menu.
Tiny defects in the mesh, like the one shown highlighted in green, prevent holes from being closed.
n.b. Making a clean and watertight mesh can be a time consuming process, especially for complex, natural forms. If your project’s deliverables do not include the mesh, it may be pragmatic to allow some imperfections to remain and to work around them while digitizing. If the mesh is part of the project’s deliverables, be sure to budget sufficient time for this step in the process.
You are reading the series: Digitizing Archaeological Features in Rapidform
- Rapidform: Basic Digitizing of archaeological features from scan data; Annotated 3D models
- Basic Digitizing of archaeological features from scan data in Rapidform: Sections, Profiles, Plans and Elevations
- Rapidform: Basic Workflow to start a digitizing project Part 1
- Subsetting and Decimating Meshes in Rapidform XOR
- Rapidform: Basic Workflow to start a digitizing project Part 2
- Rapidform: Mesh Cleaning
- Comparing 3D models in Rapidform
- Rapidform: Digitizing Using the Pencil Tool
- Rapidform: Digitizing Using the Spline Tool