THE 3D MESH SKETCH TOOLBAR
TOGGLE BETWEEN NAVIGATION AND DRAWING
DRAWING WITH THE PENCIL TOOL
Fig. 26: Drawing with the pencil tool.
Think carefully about whether you want to place boundaries on ‘top’ of an edge, in ‘front’ of an edge or on the edge itself.
DRAGGING POLYLINE VERTICES
CHECK YOUR POLYLINES
ADJUST YOUR POLYLINES
Fig. 30: Adjusting a polyline to match the mesh.
n.b. Be aware that when you drag the endpoint, or any vertex, on a polyline, you alter the shape of the entire line, and slightly shift all the vertices. Be sure to check that the overall placement of the polyline is satisfactory after making adjustments to any given vertex.
Continue to the Spline Tool
Continue to the Drawing with the Spline Tool.
You are reading the series: Digitizing Archaeological Features in Rapidform
- Rapidform: Basic Digitizing of archaeological features from scan data; Annotated 3D models
- Basic Digitizing of archaeological features from scan data in Rapidform: Sections, Profiles, Plans and Elevations
- Rapidform: Basic Workflow to start a digitizing project Part 1
- Subsetting and Decimating Meshes in Rapidform XOR
- Rapidform: Basic Workflow to start a digitizing project Part 2
- Rapidform: Mesh Cleaning
- Comparing 3D models in Rapidform
- Rapidform: Digitizing Using the Pencil Tool
- Rapidform: Digitizing Using the Spline Tool